Monday 4 May 2020

Enter Tennessee (GVRAT Day 4)

Crossing the Harahan Bridge

It took me four days of running in the Great Virtual Race Across Tennessee, but I made it to the state we're supposed to cross. After about 41 km I virtually reached the Harahan Bridge, which took me from Arkansas, over the River Mississippi, into Tennessee.

No better way to honor this first milestone than by running over and around our own Van Brienenoordbrug. It's named after the small island underneath it, which in turn is named after a baron who owned said island back in the day. I used to think of the island as an undiscovered gem for runners, but I believe it's become more well known these days. 

A nice and sunny day to rack up 24 kilometers, which means I'm well into Memphis, Tennessee now.





No comments:

Post a Comment